When Warriors Collide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Warriors Collide

A Warrior Cats Site

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
|S.T.A.F.F|

|A.F.F.I.L.I.A.T.E.S|

O.u.r B.u.t.t.o.n s
Clan Guides 49597110
Clan Guides 49569810
S.t.a.t.i.c A.f.f.i.l.i.a.t.e.s
Clan Guides 47869910
Clan Guides 47869910
Clan Guides 47869910
Clan Guides 47869910
A.f.f.i.l.i.a.t.e.s
 Clan Guides 47869910 
Top posting users this month
No user

Clan Guides

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sandheart
Admin
Sandheart

Clan Guides Empty
PostSubject: Clan Guides   Clan Guides EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 3:54 pm

|W.a.r.r.i.o.r C.o.d.e|

1. Defend your clan, even at the cost of your life. You may have friendships with cats from other clans, but your loyalty must remain with your clan, as one day you may meet them in battle.

2. Do not hunt, or trespass in other clans territory.
3. Elders and kits must be fed before apprentices and warriors. Unless they have permission, apprentices may not eat until they have hunted and fed the elders.

4. Prey is killed only to be eaten. Thanks Starlcan for its life.

5. A kit must be at least six moons old to become an apprentice.

6. Newly appointed warriors will keep vigil for one night after receiving their warrior name.

7. A cat can not become deputy without having at least mentored one apprentice. 

8. The deputy will become the clan leader when the leader dies of retires

9. After the death of retirement of a deputy, a new deputy must be chosen.

10. A gathering of all 4 clans is held at the full moon during a truce that lasts for the night.

11.Boundaries must be checked and marked daily. Challenge all trespassing cats.

12. No warrior may neglect a kit in pain or in danger, even if that kit is from a different clan.

13. The word of the clan leader is the warrior code.

14. An honorable warrior does not need to kill other cats to win his battles, unless they are outside the warrior code or it is necessary for self-defense. 

15. A warrior rejects the soft life of a kittypet.

|C.l.a.n C.e.r.e.m.o.n.y.s|

Calling a clan meeting: Leader: Let all cat old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the 
(place. Ex: High Rock) for a clan meeting.

The Apprentice Ceremony: (Leader calls a clan meeting)
Leader: (name of warrior chosen to be mentor),you are now ready to take on an apprentice.You will mentor (new apprentice's name). (Mentor's name), you have shown yourself to be (virtue #1.Ex:loyal) and (virtue #2.Ex: always treats others with respect.). And now I ask you to pass down all you know to this apprentice. 
Mentor and apprentice touch noses.

The Warrior Ceremony: (Leader calls a clan meeting)
Leader: I, (leader's name), call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. He/She has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code and I commend him/her to you as a warrior in his/her turn. (Apprentice's name), do you promise to uphold the warrior code and protect the clan, even at the cost of your life?
Warrior to-be: I do
Leader: Then by the powers of Starclan, I give you your warrior name. (Apprentice's name), from this moment on, you will be known as (apprentice's new warrior name). Starclan honors your (virtue #1) and (virtue #2), and we welcome you as a full warrior of (name of clan).
Leader puts his/her head on the newly-made warrior's shoulder and the new warrior licks the leader's shoulder respectfully.The rest of the clan chants the new warriors name 

Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony: (Ceremony Held with Clan / Leader calls a clan meeting)
Medicine Cat: Cats of (name of clan), as you know, I will not be around forever. So it's time I took an apprentice.I have chosen a cat who has shown (virtue.Ex.great interest in following the path of a medicine cat).Your next medicine cat will be (apprentice's name). Leader: (Name of apprentice), do you accept the post of apprentice to (medicine cat's name)?
Apprentice: Yes, (leader's name).
Medicine Cat: Then at the half-moon, you must travel to the Moonpool to be accepted by Starclan before the other medicine cats. Leader: The good wishes of all (name of clan) will go with you.
Medicine cat and Apprentice touch noses

Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony:(At Moonpool)
Medicine Cat: (Apprentice's name), is it your wish to enter the mysteries of Starclan as a medicine cat?
Medicine Cat apprentice: It is.
Medicine Cat: Then come forward.
*Apprentice pads forward*
Medicine Cat: Warriors of Starclan, I present you with this apprentice. He/She has chosen the path of a medicine cat. Grant her/him your wisdom and insight so that he/she may understand your ways and heal her/his clan in accordance with your will.
Both medicine cat and apprentice lays down before the Moonpool and dream.

Medicine Cat Ceremony: (At MoonPool)
Medicine Cat: I, (medicine cat's name), medicine cat of (name of clan), call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. He/she has trained hard to understand the ways of a medicine cat, and with your help he/she will serve his/her clan for many moons to come. (medicine cat apprentice's name), do you promise to uphold the ways of a medicine cat, to stand apart from rivalry between clans and to protect all cats equally, even at the cost of 
your life?
Medicine cat to-be: I do. Medicine Cat: Then by the powers of Starclan, I give you your true name as a medicine cat. (Medicine cat apprentice's name), from the moment on, you will be known as (Medicine cat apprentice's new name). Starclan honors your (virtue #1) and (virtue #2), and we welcome you as a full medicine cat of (name of clan)
Medicine cat puts his/her head on the new medicine cat's head and the new medicine cat licks his/her mentor's shoulder respectfully. Other medicine cats chant the new medicine cat's name.

Appointing a New Deputy: (Leader calls a clan meeting. Always before the next moonhigh) 
Leader: I say these words before Starclan, that the spirits of our warrior ancestors may hear and approve of my choice.The new deputy of (name of clan) is (warrior's name)!

Name Changing Ceremony: (Leader calls a clan meeting.)
Leader: Spirits of StarClan, you know every cat by name. I ask you now to take away the name from the cat you see before you, for it no longer stands for what she/he is. By my authority as Clan leader, and with the approval of our warrior ancestors, I give this cat a new name. From this moment she/he will be known as (New name) for (reason).
Leader puts her/his head on the newly name warriors shoulder. The newly-named warrior licks the leader's shoulder in respect.

Dying Apprentice Ceremony: (Leader calls a clan meeting.)
Leader: I ask my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. He/She has learned the warrior code and has given up his/her life in service of his/her Clan. Let StarClan receive him/her as a warrior. His/Her name will be __________, because _________. Let StarClan receive him/her by the name of __________.

Elder Ceremony: (Leader calls a clan meeting.)
Leader: ___________, is it your wish to give up the name of warrior and go join the elders? 
Warrior/Elder: It is.
Leader: Your Clan honors you and all the service you have given us. I call upon StarClan to give you many seasons of rest.

|C.a.t L.a.n.g.u.a.g.e|

● Touching noses - “I like you!”

● Lick on the cheek - “I really like you.”

● Lick on the ear - Comforting.

● Lick on forehead - “I love you!” / “Will you be my mate?”

● Brushing tail on back or flank - Calming.

● Lick under/on belly - “I want kits.”

● Touching nose to cheek - “I’m happy for you” / Comforting.

● Nuzzle - Comfort / “You’re hilarious!” (The second is for mates)

● Touch nose to cheek - “I’m glad you’re here.” (For lovers)

● Lick own chest fur - To hide embarrassment.

● Lick on the shoulder - Respect.

● Lick on the tail - “Will you be my mate?”

● Lick on the paw - “You are my friend!”

● Lick below the chin - “I want you forever!”

● Lick on the nose - “Do you want to play?”

● Rubs tail anywhere - Flirty, comforting or curious.

● Rubbing against you - “I like you.” / “Don’t worry.” / “I love you.”

● Licking constantly - Cleaning.

● Flat ears - “Back off!”

● Bares teeth - “Get away from me!"

● Lunging at you - “Back off now!”

● Roll on your back - “You are stronger than me, I respect you.”

● Tail tucked - Scared.

● Growling/Hissing/Spitting - Angry or accenting

|T.a.i.l S.i.g.n.a.l.s|

Tail Held Erect - Stop.
Tail Rippling - Move forward, with care.
Tail Held Erect and Sweeping from side to side - Retreat Silently.
Tail Pointing Low, Parallel to ground, and sweeping - Spread Out.
Tail Bobbing - Enemy Sighted.
Tail Hooked - Danger.
Tail Pointed - Go That Way.
Tail held Erect and waving from side to side - Stay Behind Me.
Tail Kinked over Back - Follow Me.

|W.a.r.r.i.o.r T.e.r.m.s|

Apprentices: A cat of six moons or older, in training to become a warrior. Name always ends in paw.

Crow-Food: Rotting food.

Dark Forest: An evil cat who has died, they do not go to StarClan, but to the Dark Forest.

Deputies: Like a secondary leader to the clan—a warrior with special privileges that is higher than all cats except for his leader and medicine cats. 

Elders: Warriors that have retired as a result of a disability or old age.

Fox Dung: An insult; stronger offense than mousebrain.

Fresh-Kill: Recently killed prey.

Gatherings: A meeting that the Clans hold together in peace every full moon.

Greencough: A severe chest infection that can be fatal to elders and young kits.

Greenleaf: Summer.

Greenleaf Twolegplace: A place where twolegs live, but only in the summer.

Halfbridge: A dock/pier.

Horseplace: Fields and stables near the lake where the half-tamed cats live.

Housefolk: A kittypet's name for its human.

Kits: Kittens; cats of six moons or younger. Always end in kit, except for the exception of a few "crazies."

Kittypet: A house cat.

Leaders: The most powerful cat in a Clan; has nine lives and always ends in star. Leads the clan and does ceremonies.

Leaf-bare: Winter.

Leaf-fall: Fall/Autumn.

Loner: A cat that peacefully lives on its own in one place, but doesn't defend its territory.

Medicine Cats: The healers of the clan, the highest authority except for the leader. They're the closest to Starclan.

Monster: Usually refers to twoleg machines, such as cars and bulldozers.

Moon: One month, or four weeks. (Half moon = two weeks; Quarter moon = one week.)

Moonhigh: The time of night when the moon is highest—usually midnight.

Mousebrained: Not very smart.

Mouse Dung: An insult; stronger offense than Mousebrained but less offense than Fox Dung.

Newleaf: Spring.

Nofurs: Another name for twolegs.

Queens: A pregnant she-cat, or a she-cat that's nursing kits.

Rogue: A potentially hostile cat that lives outside the clans, and never stays too long in one place.

Sharing Tongues: A term used to describe cats grooming each other.

Silverpelt: The Milky Way Galaxy.

Sun-Drown-Place: The sea to the west, where the sun sets.

Sunhigh: Noon.

Thunderpath: A road.

Tree-Eater: Bulldozer.

Twoleg Nest: A twoleg house.

Twolegplace: A human town/city.

Twolegs: The Clans' name for humans.

Upwalkers: Another name for Twolegs.

Warriors: Full members of the Clans.

Whitecough: A mild chest infection.

|M.e.a.s.u.r.e.m.e.n.t.s|

Mouselength - About an inch 
Kittenstep - Less than an inch 
Rabbitlength/Taillength - About a foot 
Foxlength - About a yard 

|T.i.m.e.s a.n.d S.e.a.s.o.n.s|

Leaf-bare - The season of winter 
Newleaf - The season of spring 
Greenleaf - The season of summer 
Leaf-fall - The season of autumn 
Quarter-moon - A week 
Moon - A 28-day period (one full moon to another), a month 
Moonhigh - 12 o'clock a.m. (midnight) 
Sunhigh - 12 o'clock p.m. (noon) 

|R.a.n.k.s|

Leader - The cat who leads the clan.
Deputy - The cat who is second-in-command and follows the leader's orders.
Medicine Cat - A cat who is trained specifically for healing and medicine.
Warrior - A cat trained to defend, hunt for, and fight for their clan.
Queen - A she-cat expecting or nursing kits.
Apprentice - A cat who is in training to become a warrior or medicine cat, the apprentice must be 6 moons old to begin training.
Kit - A cat 6 moons old and less. A kitten.
Elder - A retired warrior, medicine cat, or leader.
Kittypet - A house cat; the term can also be used as an insult. 
Loner - A cat who is neither owned by humans or part of a Clan.
Rogue - Another term for loner; some cats find it offensive. 
Twoleg - A human.
Back to top Go down

Clan Guides
Page 1 of 1